Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ELECTION DAY!

Well, we are finally here. Tuesday, November 4th. Election Day. I didn't think we'd ever get here. This is the most important election in at least two generations. I'm not here to preach politics, nor will you probably ever hear me do that. I don't care what side you're on, or who you are supporting.




However, I will preach about doing your part as a citizen of this great, and soon to be even greater country, by taking part in the democracy that this wonderful country was founded on over 200 years ago by exercising your right to vote today.





You want change. Are you willing to make it?




Take pride, be proud, get out there today and make a difference.




We've touched on the election before here on SDB,
but I wanted to give you one more chance to grab a couple of tunes in the spirit of voting.




The Drive-By Truckers posted this one yesterday for everyone. Here's Wilco's plea to vote, and James McMurtry's as well. There are many others, too, if you'll search for them (I won't do all the work for you).



But don't spend all your time today searching. Spend it by bettering our country. She needs all the help she can get right now.
And she needs it from you.




Go vote. Please.

No comments: