Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Catching up...Best of 2009...

Being out of the game for so long, I missed a few things...better late than never, I reckon.

One big miss of note, is this. Steve Wildsmith of Blount County's The Daily Times asked me to contribute my Top 10 of the 2009, and I was glad to do it. I was even more appreciate that he reached out to me and asked me about my thoughts!

Thanks Steve- I appreciate it!

Here's my Best of 2009 List:


1. Justin Townes Earle, "Midnight at the Movies"

2. Lucero, "1372 Overton Park"

3. Patterson Hood, "Murdering Oscar (and Other Love Songs)"

4. Avett Brothers, "I and Love and You"

5. Them Crooked Vultures, self-titled

6. Levon Helm, "Electric Dirt"

7. Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, self-titled

8. Wilco, "Wilco (The Album)"

9. Son Volt, "American Central Dust"

10. Pearl Jam, "Backspacer"

Honorable mentions: Drivin' N Cryin,' "The Great American Bubble Factory" ... Joey Kneiser (of Glossary), "The All-Night Bedroom Revival" (You can get it for free at http://www.glossary.us) ... Ben Nichols (of Lucero), "The Last Pale Light in the West" (good draaankin' music)

Go get these now if you don't have them already!

No comments: